This FREE workshop provides attendees with hands-on experience on Oracle’s Fusion Middleware Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) Solutions with hands-on labs and demonstrations.
You will start with an Overview of Oracle’s Fusion Middleware Infrastructure and Platform Services. You’ll learn about Public Cloud offerings such as the Oracle’s Java Cloud Service, Storage Service, Developer Service and integration with a Database Service. You will experience the steps necessary to create Java, Storage, Developer and Database Services.
As part of the workshop labs you will check out a Java application from the Developer Service, and load that application into your local JDeveloper/Eclipse IDE. Once you have built your application, you will experience the ease in deploying an application into the Java Cloud and connecting an application to the Database Cloud Service. You will learn how to load external libraries into the Java Cloud Servers before running and testing your application in the Cloud.
During the workshop you’ll also learn various Cloud Operational tasks, such as backing up and restoring your Java Cloud Service, along with Scaling up and down the Servers within the Cloud Platform.
You’ll also discover the differences between JCS-PaaS and JCS-SX.
As an advanced lab you’ll also go through JCS-Coherence Cloud Service, provision such a service and configure some advanced scenarios like Coherence Web, Develop and Deploy a simple GAR application against the JCS-Coherence instance and configure a complex JCS-Coherence – Coherence*Extend environment.
You’ll also discover Messaging Cloud Service in this workshop.
- Java Application Developers
Overview of Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure & Platform Services in the Public Cloud
Create and Explore Java Cloud Services
· Investigate all Platform Services associated with the Java Cloud Service
· Create a Java Cloud Service instance
· Explore Weblogic in the Java Cloud using Enterprise Manager Weblogic Console
· Investigate the Load Balancer using its associated Console
· Connect into the Virtual Image environment on which the Service operates.
Develop and Deploy Application to Java Cloud Service
· Connect SQL Developer to the Database Cloud Service
· Connect JDeveloper (or Eclipse) to the Java Cloud Service
· Explore the Developer Cloud Service Team Development Capabilities
· Checkout Source Code from the Developer Cloud Service into local Development Environment
· Build and Deploy a Java Application into the Java Cloud Service
· Run and Test the Deployed Java Application
Perform Operational Cloud Tasks
· Backup the Java Cloud Service Environment
· Restore the Java Cloud Service using the Backup
· Scale up the Java Cloud Service using the Integrate Cloud UI
Advanced JCS Concepts
· Advanced JCS-PaaS – Coherence Cloud Service advanced scenarios including Coherence*Web, Managed Coherence Servers, GAR archives, Coherence*Extend on JCS-Coherence instances
Messaging Cloud Service
· Explore Messaging Cloud Service
For details please visit the registration page here
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.