We have made enhancements to the Continuous Availability Offering in WebLogic 18.104.22.168 in the areas of Zero Downtime Patching, Cross Site Transaction Recovery, Coherence Federated Caching and Coherence Persistence. We have also enhanced the documentation to provide design considerations for the multi-data center Maximum Availability Architectures (MAA) that are supported for WebLogic Server Continuous Availability.
Zero Downtime Patching Enhancements
Enhancements in Zero Downtime Patching support updating applications running in a multitenant partition without affecting other partitions that run in the same cluster. Coherence applications can now be updated while maintaining high availability of the Coherence data during the rollout process. We have also removed the dependency on NodeManager to upgrade the WebLogic Administration Server.
- Multitenancy support
- Application updates can use partition shutdown instead of server shutdowns.
- Can update an application in a partition on a server without affecting other partitions.
- Can update an application referenced by a ResourceGroupTemplate.
- Coherence support – User can supply minimum safety mode for rollout to Coherence cluster.
- Removed Administration Server dependency on NodeManager – The Administration Server no longer needs to be started by NodeManager.
Cross-Site Transaction Recovery
We introduced a “Site Leasing” mechanism to do auto recovery when there is a site failure or mid-tier failure. With site leasing we provide a more robust mechanism to failover and failback transaction recovery without imposing dependencies on the TLog which affect the health of the Servers hosting the Transaction Manager.
Every server in a site will update their lease. When the lease expires for all servers running in a cluster in Site 1, servers running in a cluster in a remote site assume ownership of the TLogs, and recover the transactions while still continuing their transaction work. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.