In this little guide an Oracle Fusion Middleware 11G installation is used to demonstrate how to configure Oracle Configuration Manager 12 (OCM). During my experience as a System Administrator, I have seen with surprise that many customers do not use this system because they do not have enough time to configure it or because of the lack of information about it. However, it is important to remark that OCM gives customers the following advantages (Oracle, 2016).
“Some of the benefits of using Oracle Configuration Manager are as follows:
• Reduces time for resolution of support issues
• Provides pro-active problem avoidance
• Improves access to best practices and the Oracle knowledge base
• Improves understanding of customer’s business needs and provides consistent responses and services”
The installation used
The Oracle Fusion Middleware installation used in this guide is described as follows.
Configuring Oracle Configuration Manager
1. Connect to the machine where OCM will be installed. In this case is: weblogic01.sysco.no
2. Set the domain environment
It is important to remark you have to use “. ./setDomainEnv.sh”, otherwise values are not set on variables.
3. Set the Oracle home
4. Change folder to
/u01/oracle/products/fm11117/utils/ccr/bin Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.