This article will present some problems and respective solutions in order to migrate ADF applications from 12.1.3 to 12.2.1. In this case, we used an example application that consists in a framework with several ADF applications and dependencies between them. In the current version (12.1.3), the framework works without issues.
ADF 12.2.1 comes with several corrections of customer-reported and internal (unpublished) errors, along with a new features that can be useful when developing applications:
· Responsive Layout (Masonry Layout, af:matchMediaBehavior)
· Visualization components (NBox, new charts and enhancements)
· ADF Business Components (Creating RESTfull Web Services with Application Modules)
For more information about the changes in the ADF 12.2.1, click here to visit oracle documentation.
For clarify any misleading concept, I will assume the following meanings in this document:
· Application: Group of ADF applications
· ADF application: Group of ADF project
· ADF project: Single ADF project
JDeveloper wizard migration
In order to do the migration to the new ADF version, we used the JDeveloper 12.2.1 to open all ADF projects and followed the steps in the migration wizard: Read the complete article here
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.