In this blog we will look at
- How to interact with the Oracle Application Container Cloud Cache using its (open source) Java SDK
- Build an application on top of it
- Setup Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) to Oracle Application Container Cloud using Oracle Developer Cloud Service
The application is a simple one which fetches the price of a stock from the cache. It demonstrates other features (in addition to basic caching) such as
- Cache loader – if the key (stock name) does not exist in the cache (since it was never searched for or has expired), the cache loader logic kicks in and fetches the price using a REST call to an endpoint
- Serializer – Allows us to work with our domain object (Ticker) and takes care of the transformation logic
- Expiry – A cache-level expiry is enforced after which the entry is purged from the cache
- Metrics – get common metrics such as cache size, hits, misses etc.
Let’s look at some code snippets for our application and each of the features mentioned above. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.