Thanks to the OMC team I received my own OMC trial environments to set up some experiments. Looking through the OMC I saw some familiar components such as synthetic tests, and here and there some components that are used in Oracle RUEI.
The possibilities are huge in OMC, which I will discuss in a later stage, but something I wanted to try out was if I could create a mechanism to detect if a hackers collective was trying to break into a web applications by using some sort of a password attack.
- An Oracle Java Cloud Service containig a WebLogic 12c domain, hosting Web applications
- An Oracle Management Cloud subscription, with the following components:
- Application Performance management
- Log Analytics
- IT Analytics
- Infrastructure Monitoring
Setup the basic needs
Before you can use the OMC some basic steps need to be done. These steps contain:
- Install the APM agent
- Install the Cloud agent
- Enable and register the agents on my JCS environment to the OMC
Install the APM Agent
Of course, there is no agent software package, so first of all the software needs to be downloaded. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.