· Analytics, Integration, Development “Why doesn’t software manage itself?” That’s the question Oracle President Thomas Kurian’s team asked approximately seven years ago. In 2018 the answer is, “It does.” Earlier this year, Oracle launched the world’s first autonomous data warehouse. Now three more self-driving services have come online: Oracle Autonomous Analytics Cloud, Oracle Autonomous Integration Cloud, and Oracle Autonomous Visual Builder Cloud. The self-driving, self-securing, and self-repairing abilities of these services fill a gaping need in a software world where the default is far from secure or dependable. Beyond that, these systems learn from interactions and crowd-sourced data to suggest insights and reveal hidden patterns. Software is strategic. These services free technologists to focus on creative work and leave more-routine work to the machines.
· Now Available: Oracle Autonomous Visual Builder Cloud Service Oracle Autonomous Visual Builder Cloud Service combines visual and code-based development to drive development simplicity and flexibility for architects and developers. Read: A New Oracle Autonomous Visual Builder Cloud Service – Visual and Coding Combined
· Coders Solve Real Customer Problems The challenge of a recent coding event: come up with and solve a unique use case with Oracle Customer Experience Cloud applications and platform-as-a-service products. Four teams competed—and blew the judges away.
· How to Turn Your Data into Profit For hospitality operators, the eternal challenge is to enhance the guest experience while controlling costs. Increasingly, operators are turning to data science to help inform their decisions, understand market drivers, enhance loyalty, and make predictions.
· Bajaj Electricals Illuminates Customers with Chatbots Bajaj Electricals uses chatbots to provide customer-facing support, including enabling customers to report appliance problems, request a demo, or schedule a service appointment. Chatbots also help the Mumbai-based company lighten the load on call center reps.
· Productivity Tips: Ditch the GUI and Script Everything
Programmers know that checking in code, running test suites, and continuously deploying production code are dull, uninspiring tasks. Get tips on how to automate the boring stuff with productivity hacks from Oracle Developer Champion Sebastian Daschner.
· Kubernetes Keeps Maturing as an Enterprise Platform
Kubernetes, the container-based orchestration system, is helping ever-more-complex clusters thrive, such as with CERN’s vast workload, comprising 4,300 projects with 250 petabytes of data and 3,300 users, running on 320,000 cores within 10,000 hypervisors organized in 210 Kubernetes clusters
· Combating Complexity: Fad, Fashion, and Failure in Software Development Runaway software complexity may be pushing us toward a software apocalypse. In this podcast a panel of experts discusses what can be done to avert disaster. Head the podcast
· Using an API Gateway to Secure an API You Don’t Want to Touch. There are a variety of reasons you may need to secure an API that you don’t actually want to touch. In that situation this quick tip will come in handy
· Machine Learning in Action What is machine learning? Where can it be used? This presentation offers examples, and explains the skills that are necessary to get started with ML.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.