In this video, we are going to look at Oracle Weblogic Clusters and Dynamic Cluster.
For those who are new, A WebLogic Server cluster consists of multiple WebLogic Server server instances running simultaneously and working together to provide increased scalability and reliability. To know in detail about Weblogic Clusters and Dynamic Cluster, go through the video below.
If you are a beginner and want to learn Oracle Weblogic Server Administration then check our blog post here, where we covered Weblogic Admin Server and Managed Server.
What is a Weblogic Cluster:
· A WebLogic Server cluster consists of multiple WebLogic Server server instances running simultaneously and working together to provide increased scalability and reliability.
· A Cluster appears to clients to be a single WebLogic Server instance.
· The server instances that constitute a cluster can run on the same machine, or be located on different machines. You can increase a cluster’s capacity by adding additional server instances to the cluster on an existing machine, or you can add machines to the cluster to host the incremental server instances.
· Each server instance in a cluster must run the same version of WebLogic Server.
· There are two types of Cluster Communication i.e 1.Unicast 2.Multicast
What are the Benefits of Clustering?
A WebLogic Server cluster provides these benefits: Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.