We have just made our 2.0 Release Candidate 1 of the Oracle WebLogic Server Kubernetes Operator available for early adopters.
The 2.0 release adds some significant new features including:
- Support for burning your WebLogic domain into the Docker image, in addition to supporting the domain being on persistent storage,
- The operator is now installed using Helm charts, replacing the earlier scripts,
- You can override domain configuration using configuration override templates,
- Load balancers and Ingress can now be independently configured,
- WebLogic logs can be directed to a persistent volume or the WebLogic server console output (stdout) can be directed to the pod log,
- Added lifecycle support for servers and significantly more configurability for generated pods.
Most of these features are the result of direct feedback and requests from our users. We have a list of additional requests, and starting with this release we are moving to a much shorter release cycle, where we will release small incremental features and updates frequently, rather than having large releases that are months apart.
The final v2.0 release will be initial release from where the operator team intends to provide backward compatability as part of all future releases. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.