Oracle Functions is a serverless platform that lets you create, run, and scale business logic without managing any infrastructure. Today, we’re pleased to announce some key enhancements to Functions to make it easy for you to use it in more use cases:
· Longer-running functions, up to 5 minutes
· Increased maximum number of functions and applications
· Improved logging with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Logging
· Log-triggered functions using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Service Connector Hub
Longer-running functions, up to 5 minutes
You can now run workloads that need up to 5 minutes of function run time. Previously, this time was limited to 2 minutes. This increase will help customers who need the extra processing time for use cases such as:
· Fetching more data from databases, APIs, and third-party systems
· Importing more data with extract, transform, load (ETL) functions
· Running synthetic monitoring tests
· Performing memory heap analysis
· Processing batches of log data
To use this feature, you can set the maximum function timeout value up to 300 seconds. We recommend that you use a timeout value as close to your actual need as possible. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the Developer Partner Community please register here.