· Oracle is making the industry leading Oracle JDK available for free, including all quarterly security updates. This includes commercial and production use.
· The new license is the “Oracle No-Fee Terms and Conditions” (NFTC) license. This license for the Oracle JDK, subject to the conditions, permits free use for all users, even commercial and production use. Redistribution is permitted as long as it is not for a fee.
· Developers and organizations can now easily download, use, share and redistribute the Oracle JDK without needing a click-through.
· Oracle will provide these free releases and updates starting with Oracle JDK 17 and continue for one full year after the next LTS release. Prior versions are not affected by this change.
· Oracle will continue to provide Oracle OpenJDK releases under the GPL on the same releases and schedule as it has since Java 9. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the Developer Partner Community please register here.
Blog Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Meetups
Technorati Tags: PaaS,Cloud,Middleware Update,WebLogic, WebLogic