· ODA 12.1.2 database: 12c including pluggable database support, ACFS integration
· ODA 12.1.2 VP: ACFS snapshots, option to add disks to VMs
· WLS ODA 12.1.3: support for WebLogic 12.1.3, WebLogic Standard Edition, faster provisioning using ACFS snapshots, additional single VM topology, new Coherence option
· Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c: sneak peak at up-coming plug-in for ODA
There were no announcements about an ODA X5-2 although, given that Intel has recently released Hawell-EP processors (E5-2600 v3 family) – and based on the v2 update last year – it seems likely that there will be a new version of the ODA hardware at some point.
Now to discuss each of these topics in a little more detail:
WLS ODA 12.1.3
Frances Zhao-Perez, the Product Manager responsible for the WebLogic implementation (and related components) on ODA and I described WLS ODA 12.1.3 in our joint presentation Oracle WebLogic on Oracle Database Appliance: Combining High Availability and Simplicity [CON8004]. I wrote about that yesterday, but the enhancements are:
· Support for the new WebLogic Server 12.1.3 version (and dropping support for 12.1.1 and possibly 12.1.2).
· Coherence can now also be provisioned, creating up to 6 additional VMs (as part of a specific WebLogic domain and with Coherence lifecycle managed via console/Admin Server etc).
· VMs may now be created from an ACFS snaphot of the template leading to far quicker provisioning time (for a 6 VM topology I’d expect around 30 minutes instead of 60, and the saving will be greater for larger clusters).
· Additional domain topologies available for a single Admin Server with no Managed Servers (for a development environment for example), or Admin Server co-located with a Managed Server (if you like that idea please read my Admin Server Separation – Pros and Cons article and comments).
· Some minor changes to the user interface of the ‘configurator’.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.