The Oracle WebLogic Deploy Tooling (WDT) makes the automation of WebLogic Server domain provisioning and applications deployment easy. Instead of writing WLST scripts that need to be maintained, WDT creates a declarative, metadata model that describes the domain, applications, and the resources used by the applications. This metadata model makes it easy to provision, deploy, and perform domain lifecycle operations in a repeatable fashion, which makes it perfect for the Continuous Delivery of applications.
The WebLogic Deploy Tooling provides maximum flexibility by supporting a wide range of WebLogic Server versions from 10.3.6 to 18.104.22.168. WDT supports both Windows and UNIX operating systems, and provides the following benefits:
· Introspects a WebLogic domain into a metadata model (JSON or YAML).
· Creates a new WebLogic Server domain using a metadata model and allows version control of the domain configuration.
· Updates the configuration of an existing WebLogic Server domain, deploys applications and resources into the domain.
· Allows runtime alterations to the metadata model (also referred as the model) before applying it.
· Allows the same model to apply to multiple environments by accepting value placeholders provided in a separate property file.
· Passwords can be encrypted directly in the model or property file.
· Supports a sparse model so that the model only needs to describe what is required for the specific operation without describing other artifacts.
· Provides easy validation of the model content and verification that its related artifacts are well-formed.
· Allows automation and continuous delivery of deployments.
· Facilitates Lift and Shift of the domain into other environments, like Docker images and Kubernetes. Read the complete article here.
For regular information become a member in the WebLogic Partner Community please visit: http://www.oracle.com/partners/goto/wls-emea ( OPN account required). If you need support with your account please contact the Oracle Partner Business Center.